Thursday, March 18

My birthday dinner with MIL

I have to admit that it's really sweet that my mother-in-law is already thinking of my birthday.

Today is my husband's birthday and his mother, who he hasn't seen and rarely heard from since Christmas, emailed him today to wish him a happy birthday and included this in an email...


"Well, we haven't seen all three of you in a while and I guess the next time will be Easter. I'd like to invite you over but don't know how you feel about that.

I was thinking having dinner for both of your birthday some time in April."


Only thing is... neither of our birthdays is in April. Hooray for random month birthday celebrations!

It reminds me of the time I attended a surprise birthday party for a guy 7 months after his birthday. It's the best way to surprise someone, really. Wait until it's nowhere even close to their birthday--maybe even half a year later or more-- and spring it on 'em then! SURPRISE!

1 comment:

Just Me said...

I was watching the Disney version of Alice in Wonderland the other day, when the Mad Hatter tea party scene came on. They are singing "a very merry unbirthday to me!"...Maybe your MIL is a fan of that movie? tehehe

MayaAndMe